BIG NEWS: BISP 8171 Registration via SMS
The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has long been a beacon of hope for the underprivileged citizens of Pakistan. Originating in 2008 under the leadership of Former Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani, the program aims to uplift socio-economic conditions by providing crucial financial assistance to those in need.
BISP SMS Registration: A Novel Approach:
Facing challenges over the years, the BISP program has recently introduced an innovative SMS registration method. This new avenue empowers eligible citizens to effortlessly book appointments at BISP centers through SMS and conveniently monitor the status of their applications.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Register for BISP:
1. Visit the Nearest BISP Office or Designated Center:
– Make a physical visit to the nearest BISP office or designated center for a personalized registration experience.
2. Accurate Form Submission:
– Download the registration form from the BISP website and meticulously fill in comprehensive details about yourself, family members, and income status.
3. Document Submission:
– Attach necessary documents, including a copy of your national identity card (CNIC), family registration certificate, and proof of income and expenses.
4. Submission to BISP Representative:
– Hand in the completed form and documents to a BISP representative at the center.
5. Application Review and Verification:
– BISP officials will review your application, possibly conducting a verification visit to ensure accuracy.
6. Notification of Eligibility:
– Upon successful verification, you will be promptly notified of your eligibility status.
7. Receipt of BISP Card:
– If deemed eligible, you will receive a BISP card for unconditional cash transfers at specified payment centers or through mobile banking.
Ensuring Transparency and Accountability:
It’s paramount to highlight that BISP is designed for the genuinely needy and deserving. Strict actions will be taken against misuse or fraud to maintain the program’s integrity.
Locating BISP Registration Center:
Discovering the nearest BISP registration center is a seamless process:
– Visit the official Ehsaas Program website.
– Select your district to check BISP availability and access the BISP Dynamic survey for eligibility determination.
– The website provides information on names, addresses, Google Map locations, and contact numbers of registration centers in your district.
Checking Eligibility Status:
Eligibility is determined through the National Socioeconomic Registry (NSER) Survey. Families can check their eligibility and payment disbursement status online via the 8171 Web Portal using their CNIC number or survey token number.
New Registration Method in BISP 8171 Web Portal:
Needy citizens can conveniently register for BISP through the BISP 8171 web portal. It’s essential to note the correct portal number is ‘8171,’ not ‘7181.’
Checking Application Status:
After registration, applicants can check their application status either online or through SMS. By sending the ID card number to 8171, successful registrants can collect their payments at designated centers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the Benazir Income Support Program?
– BISP is a social protection program providing financial assistance to the needy.
2. How can I receive BISP payments?
– Payments can be received through Point of Sales (PoS) and dedicated Bank Alfalah and Habib Bank biometric-enabled ATMs.
3. Who are the beneficiaries of BISP?
– Beneficiaries are needy, underprivileged, and deprived citizens across the country.
The Benazir Income Support Program’s SMS registration method is a recent and commendable initiative, streamlining the process for eligible candidates. This approach, coupled with stringent measures against misuse, ensures the program’s commitment to assisting those who genuinely need it.